Monday, August 6, 2012

{outdoor decor}


Sadly summer will be coming to a close shortly :(  Luckily, we still have a tad longer of the warm temperatures - at least around this part of the country! One of my favorite parts of summer is being able to entertain outside and I'm glad to be able to do it for just a little longer before winter sets in! 

Early this summer we said goodbye to some of our dearest friends. They ventured hundreds of miles away to a new home but before they left we threw them a large farewell to say goodbye, let them know how much they are loved, and to ensure they knew how very much they'd be missed!


The decor was simple and cheap yet super cute. A basic tablecloth I already had (bought on clearance) provided the main pink and green pattern. We paired it with mason jars found in my kitchen cupboards, small strips of burlap and ribbon were tied around the jars, and finally they were polished off with fresh cut hydrangas from my yard.


We did a sundae ice cream bar and the rest of the decor was also stuff found around my house! Metal buckets from my staircase housed the bowls, napkins, and cups. Small white dainty ikea metal buckets were perfect for holding sprinkles, chocolate chips, and other toppings.

The party turned out perfect and the decor was easy yet added a cute touch to a backyard gathering.


Enjoy!

Photobucket

5 comments: