Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stockings

So I've had a dilemma for awhile now. We had some cute stockings and then when babies came along I wanted us all to have matching ones. But...how many do you buy? I don't know how many kids we're going to have. Do I spend a lot of money and guess? All of these questions have been running through my mind.



Then when I was out shopping (on Black Friday none the less) I found these simple felt stockings at JoAnn's. I had been debating just making some of my own so that I could replicate them when more kid's came along but I'm no seamstress. So I bought these stockings for around $1.00.

I bought some polka dot fabric (50%off) to add to them with everybody's initials. I found a font I loved, printed it out on cardstock, cut it out, and then used this: -my new best friend -

How I have not used this before I do not know - but I sure am IN LOVE!!! Heat and bond - ABSOLUTELY no sewing needed - perfect for me :)


Iron this stuff on your fabric, cut out the initials, and iron on the stocking - super easy!!!

And here's the finished product hanging on our mantle....Super easy, super cheap (less than 10 bucks for 6 of them - although I may run out and grab 2 more stockings...I don't think we really plan on having more than 4 kids but who knows!) and super cute!



2 comments:

  1. They turned out SO cute, Erica! I'm so glad you're so smart. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I may steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete