When my oh so crafty friend Kierste made this Advent Calendar she originally saw here I knew I had to have one. I loved the look and the ability to fit little trinkets, candy, etc. into the boxes for them to open every day. It was on my mind all year and I finally got to work in November to finally get it all together.
- Metal fit to size
- Scrapbook paper, Mod Podge
- Vinyl, stickers, or other embelishments
1. I found a super ugly picture in the perfect size frame at Salvation Army. So I snatched it up, removed the picture, and spray painted it.
2. Then I called a local sheet metal place, told them the dimensions I needed, and picked up my metal an hour later for 6 bucks.
3. Then I went and bought 25 little boxes at Micheal's and painted them all black.
4. Next I glued magnets on the backs of all of them.
5. Once they were dry (or whenever I came back around to them - probably days later!) I traced the lids on scrapbook paper, cut it out, and Mod Podge'd the paper on them. I also applied another layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper as well.
6. Last of all I ordered some vinyl from Writings on the Wall for a couple of bucks - and voila!
I love it and I think the kids loved it even more when they'd find a fun little something in it every day until Christmas!