Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tissue Paper Pom Poms

We had two little girlie birthdays this month at our house so that meant some fun parties over the past couple of weeks.

I have seen these cute tissue paper pom poms around blogland for awhile now and finally tried my hand at making some of them.

At Walmart and the Dollar Tree I found they sold tissue paper by the color so I spent 3 bucks and bought a pack of teal, hot pink, and white.

Then I followed the super easy tutorial by Martha Stewart.


Supplies (for one pom pom):

- 8 sheets of tissue paper
- 2 inches of floral wire
- ribbon to hang the pom poms by
- scissors

Directions:

1. Take 8 pieces of tissue paper stacked on top of one another and fold the entire thing accordion style.

2. Cut a 2 inch piece of floral wire and wrap it around the center.

3. Cut the edges of the tissue paper (either pointed or round).

4. Fan out paper to make a huge ball.

*Mine turned out a little too big for my liking but I was too lazy to go buy more tissue paper to make more. Next time to make them smaller I would cut some tissue paper off the ends after putting the floral wire on before fanning them out.


They've now found a permanent home in my kid's 'book nook' in the basement. Such a fun and inexpensive decorative touch!

Have Fun!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment