Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's well over 1/2 way through the year and I made one New Year's Resolution -
find balance & moderation in my life.

In my quest for finding {moderation in all things} one of the changes I've made has been to stop faithfully following Weight Watchers. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Weight Watchers and it has helped me lose 20lbs three different times in my life. But since I've been in a maintenance phase regarding my weight for the past year I've decided to tuck it all away for now and just follow and trust my instincts. I was getting way too obsessed and I realized I didn't need it any more to keep my weight. I know how to eat, I know what's healthy, and I really don't need to track or count points or follow a 'program' at this point in my life. Will I use Weight Watcher's again? Who knows? Maybe after I have another baby and am trying to lose that baby weight. Maybe I won't need it at all. But for now, I'm trying to have enough confidence in myself that I can do it all on my own.



Part of maintaining a healthy weight for me is to be aware of my body and what I'm eating. I try to find {moderation} in all the different foods I choose to put in my body. Here are what my typical dinners {try} to include: 1/2 plate full of veggies, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 carb. Does it ALWAYS look this way? No. But this is what I aim for.

In the summer we do A LOT of grilling. Here's what dinner looked like on this particular night - 1/2 large baked potato, a skewer of marinated chicken, a couple of skewers of peppers, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini. A nice balanced plate full of healthy yet delicious foods!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Okay, your recipes look so delicious! I am going to be trying the sausage with pepper and onions one this week. I know Rich will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..
    Nice....
    Your recipes and dinner plan is very good. Nice to see this very much..
    Games For Young Children

    ReplyDelete