I've seen this veggie roaming around blogland lately. Until last week I had never eaten it or even seen it before in my life. It just so happened that it was on sale a few weeks ago in our local grocery store and I decided to venture out and give it a try.
Guess what? I'm in love and will DEFINITELY make it again.
Here's what you do:
1. Cut this bad boy in half. It looks like a pumpkin on the inside so scrap out the seeds and stringy things.
2. Wrap each half in saran wrap and pop each half in the microwave for 6 minutes.
3. Unwrap the squash and take a fork and scrape it out. The insides will be spaghetti like.
We served it with our favorite sauce - grandma's homemade spaghetti sauce:
1 green pepper
1 celery stalk
1 Tbs. minced garlic
3-4 Tbs. olive oil
2 lbs. ground hamburger
2 Tbs. Italian seasoning
8 - 15oz cans of tomato sauce
3 - 6oz cans of tomato paste
1. Cook meat in skillet with Italian seasoning.
2. Add onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, and oil.
3. Once cooked thoroughly place in large pot with sauce and paste.
4. Cook all afternoon.
Makes about 6 quarts
Try something new and give it a try!