Monday, July 12, 2010

Calendar/Numbers

After I finished my 'paid with real money' teaching job I left quite a bit of stuff behind. So when I was at the dollar store the other day and saw this calendar complete with all the accessories I knew I had to scoop it up. I took it home adhered magnets to the back and stuck it on the fridge. Then I took all the individual numbers, laminated them, and adhered magnets to the back of them and stuck them to the fridge.

Now although more often then not the calendar usually looks like this due to a cute little 1 year old running around having this on the fridge provides a daily opportunity for me to talk with and teach my 3 year old more about months, day of the week, and numbers.

So for under a couple of buck I think this small investment will pay off - and it surely provides some entertainment during meal prep time :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...great ideas! Looks like you were a teacher so thanks for posting your ideas. I have LOT's of magnetic surfaces in my room so am going to do this for a math center with my Dollar store calendar. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the calendar! Do you remember the name of the dollar store you went to? I have been looking for a calendar like that for a long time and I'm having some trouble finding it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased it at the dollar store called Dollar Tree :)

    ReplyDelete