Wednesday, July 27, 2011

chicken sausage


We don't have a Costoc near us. Tear. Tear. It's really sad I know - luckily my mom lives near one and she graciously takes me neary EVERY time we're down at her house! For now we make due with our Sams Club (which I do like as well - just for different reasons).



A couple of weeks ago we were there browsing all the aisles. Our kids were being especially good so we got to really go up and down every aisle and check out all the goods. Since we're right in the heart of BBQ season these chicken sausages caught my eye and I quickly checked out the nutritional stats and they were AWESOME so the hubby and I settled on a flavor and in the cart they went! (how is it that something extra ALWAYS ends up in the basket???)


We agreed to try the mozzerella/roasted garlic kind (Artisan Fresh) and I've been busy using them ever since. I've found a million different ways to eat them (I'll have to share more later). They are FABULOUS. Super yummy and with only 130 calories (3 Weight Watcher PointsPlus) they are healthy too!


Here's one of the ways we've been eating them:



Ingredients:
- 3 sausages (remove the casing and then slice them)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 orange and 1 red pepper

Directions:
1. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add onions and peppers and cook till desired texture (I like mine somewhat soft)
3. Add the sliced sausage and continue to saute everything together for 2 minutes.


This was a super easy and delicious dinner. We ate it with a salad and biscuits (recipe coming).
Try'em out and tell me what you think!




enjoy ~

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment