Monday, October 26, 2009

Basement Couch

First off, I have to start this post by telling you of our basement dillema. I've been slowly completing some projects down there to make it more of a place that I want to hang out in (since it's the playroom I'm down there a lot with the girls). Lately we decided there was no way a sectional or even a couch and loveseat were going to fit nicely in there. They would just be huge and really limit the playing space. Needless to say I was kind of disappointed to make this realization because I wanted some type of seating for when we're down there.

Then this past weekend one of my favorite stores (Goodwill) was having 50% off EVERYTHING! So needless to say I knew I just had to find something :) As soon as I walk into any resale place I always go straight towards the big items to check out what they've got. I immediately saw this:
A couch that was butt ugly and looked like it came straight from someone's great grandma's house. I was seriously considering buying it - I was meeting a friend there and as soon as she came I asked what she thought. She gave me the reassurance that this was a good buy - plus you can return at Goodwill (one of the main reasons I LOVE this place!) so I went for it.

Then even better - we discovered it has a hideaway bed in it!!! It was my lucky day :)

So twenty bucks later we were loading this beauty into the back of my van. One Walmart slip cover later and some throw pillows I took from our living room and VIOLA! One of my new favorite parts of our basement (it's so much nicer nursing and snuggling to watch kid shows on this than the floor!)


So stop in to your local Goodwill store! The money goes to a good cause and you just never know what you might run across :)

5 comments:

  1. yay! yay! for goodwill. So cheap and oh-so-easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the best treasures! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I hope you had a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of you whenever I go to Goodwill :) You would love the quarter rack here at Salvation army. I get the coolest fabrics in shirts for a quarter and then turn them into something fun!

    ReplyDelete