Sunday, August 14, 2011

grilled pizza


I am trying to live up every last second of summer eating. In our family summer eating means ice cream, salads, fresh fruit, and the GRILL! We love the grill. Usually it's just steak, chicken, kabobs, hot dogs, etc. But this year I saw a couple of grilled pizza recipes and knew I had to give it a try. Man an I glad I did! It was fabulous and will definitely be repeated again.


I found this recipe for pizza dough over at My Bizzy Kitchen. It seemed easy and quick - and that was exactly what it was! I ended up using 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour and it was delish!


Then I used this tutorial from Meals&Moves.


1. Basically make and roll out your dough.

2. Spray your grill with non-stick spray.

3. Lay the dough on for 2-3 minutes.

4. Take it off, load the non-grilled side with toppings, and stick back on the grill!



We made one side with just pizza sauce and shredded mozzerella for the kiddos. The other side was jared pesto, chicken sausage, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, red onion, and fat-free mozzerella. Both were delish!




We can't wait to try more combinations! BBQ chicken, chicken and feta, the list could go on and on and on. Hopefully we'll find more favorites!


enjoy ~

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment