Tuesday, August 2, 2011

radishes

Do you hate these things? I sure did. Well I'd only had them on a veggie tray or sliced up on a salad.






Then my friend planted them in her garden. She was out of town FOREVER and they needed harvesting so I picked them for her. They wouldn't last till she came up from her vacation so I went home and looked on the internet for a recipe. The first thing that came up was a classic 'steamed radishes'. I decided, what the heck!, I'll give it a try.




And guess what? They were DELICOUS! Obviously not the best vegetable I've ever had - but I actually liked them and wanted to keep eating them this way. Kind of like a potato taste.




Directions:




1. Wash and slice/chunck radishes.


2. Place in a glass dish and cover entirely with water.


3. Microwave for 8 minutes.


4. Drain and place in a dish.


5. Top with a little butter and some salt and pepper.




Yum.


enjoy ~



Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment